Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Champagne Shrimp



There is not a lot of skill involved in making these, but not only are they really good, you get to drink the leftover champagne (because who leaves a bottle of open champagne to fend for itself?)

They are elegant and bright. Great a BBQ or a formal dinner. (Shane is thinking they will appear at the Chateau de Touffou for formal dinners.)

Shrimp and champagne how much better does it get without chocolate?

Today my score was that the bags of shrimp were not only on sale but I also had an extra $5 off coupon. I got 2 bags so you should be seeing Bakon Vodka shrimp soon as well!



Champagne Shrimp

Ingredients:
2 lb. peeled cooked shrimp
1/3 c chopped green onions
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cup champagne
¼ white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp pickling spices (or ½ tsp each cinnamon, mace, ginger root, cardamom, allspice, dry mustard)
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or dill (depending on what you like)

In a bowl big enough to hold everything, combine champagne (I use Cooks White Zinfandel Champagne but if you really want to go up in style and price use Korbel’s Chardonay Champagne.)
, onions, olive oil, vinegar, pickling spices, (I did my own version here because pickling spices are easier but contain cloves which my sister is allergic to and I was making this for a family BBQ) salt, sugar and pepper.

Add shrimp, toss well making sure all the shrimp are well coated and covered with marinade.

Cover and chill for up to 1 day, stirring occasionally and stealing one at a time..

When I cover I put them in a bowl and put cling wrap right down to the top of them sealing them off .

No comments:

Post a Comment